The Barcelona Cultural Laboratory (Barcelona Laboratori Cultural) provides, for the first time, to the Science and Technology Festival (Festa Ciència i Tecnologia) a connection with other parts in the world. We will discuss and observe through a telescope in Chile and in Montsec, we will go into the control rooms at CERN (Geneva), we will participate in the preparation of an exhibition in Dublin, follow the behavior of a robot in Berlin, we will see a beehive located in Brussels, among many other activities. It will open a window to the world and get to places where you can not normally access. You can participate with your questions and doubts.
- Place: Parc de la Ciutadella, Barcelona on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 june.
- Coordination: Josep Perello
The language in robots: theory of evolution and artificial intelligence
The MYON is a new humanoid robot used for experiments in language evolution on autonomous robots. We will link to Berlin to see the robots in action and discuss the linguistic games they are subjected. We will understand how they move and interact with the world around them.
- By Luc Steels, Institute of Evolutionary Biology, UPF-CSIC (Barcelona) and Manfred Hild from the Neurorobotics Research Laboratory at Berlin's Humboldt University (Berlin)
- Saturday 16. 16.00 h at Parc de la Ciutadella
Move the robots
In this activity you will be able to control a LEGO Mindstorms educational robot in a remote way (technique also known astelecontrol) .
You could ask all about this particular procedure and how you could use this kind of robots in an educational way (at home, at school, etc.).
You can also see in action some others robots used in research labs to determine the interaction of robots with people like PLEO. You will see how the robot reacts depending only from the way you have been interacting with him.
- Led by Javier Vidal, head of Technical department of RO-BOTICA and Rocio Lara, head of the Educational department at RO-BOTICA and Cecilio Angulo, (Technical Research Centre for Dependency Care and Autonomous Living Centre Tecnològic de Recerca per a la Dependència i la Vida Autònoma (CETpD)
- Saturday 16, 16:30 h at Parc de la Ciutadella
Outdoor cinema: EVA
Screening and Q&A session
In a future where humans coexist with robots, Alex, a major cybernetic engineer, returns to Santa Irene with a specific order from the Department of Robotics to create a child-robot.
After the film there will be a dialogue with the director Kike Maíllo, the special FX team, moderated by the journalist Toni Marin Vila.
- With the help of ESCAC Scandalo and Films
- Saturday 16, 21.30 h at Parc de la Ciutadella